31 Mar Best Foothill Ranch Movers Cost
Costs of Moving – 4 Frequently Asked Questions
How much does moving cost? This is a frequently asked question all around the internet. And who is planning a move without asking that question? We get some specific questions about moving costs, including the following:
People like to know up front how much something is going to cost. Unfortunately, it’s not quite that easy with moving. We can’t just estimate the cost of your move based on the size of your home, since the main cost of moving depends on how much stuff you have and how much that stuff weighs.
So the only way to get a good, solid estimate for your moving costs is to have an in-home estimate from a seasoned mover. The in-home estimate process will walk you through your whole home to check out the amount of stuff you have to move. You can also talk to the representative about other services you might be interested in, the date of your move, and other details. Then, and only then, can you know how much the move will cost you.
2. Is an estimate just a guess?
If you’re working with the best Foothill Ranch moving company, then, no, an estimate is not just a guess. It’s a detailed description of everything the moving company will do for you, including the costs of these services. And it should be very accurate.
However, the only way to ensure that an estimate is really what you’ll pay in the end is to get a binding estimate. This is what it sounds like: an estimate that the moving company agrees to stick with.
Sometimes companies will include contingencies in the estimate, so you may pay more than the bottom-line price on the detailed quote. But you’ll at least have a top price, so you don’t end up paying wildly more than you were expecting.
3. What about packing?
Packing services from the best Foothill Ranch movers can make the moving process so much easier and smoother. But, of course, they will cost extra. How much extra is determined by how much stuff needs packed, and by any extra fragile or complicated items.
Again, the best way to get a handle on this cost is to get an in-home estimate. Talk to the representative at the estimate about any packing you might be interested in having done during the moving process.
4. Can I do anything to save money?
The short answer here is yes. It’s easy to trim moving costs here and there – or to save a whole lot of money by going DIY with parts of the moving process. Here are some great ways to save money on your move:
- Custom packing. The best Foothill Ranch movers don’t see packing as an all-or-nothing deal. They’ll let you choose custom packing options for only the most complicated, fragile, or expensive items in your home. You can pack the rest of your things, making your moving budget tighter.
- Offload old stuff. Before you get a quote for your move, go through your whole home – from attic to garage. Get rid of anything that you no longer want or need. Not only is this a freeing way to start life in your new home, but it’s also a great way to save on the overall cost of your move.
- Get flexible with dates. As with many service industries, moving tends to have times of ebb and flow. Book during a peak time, and you may pay a bit more. This isn’t true for all movers, but it doesn’t hurt to ask if moving on a different day or week could save you money on your move.
- Ask about insurance. You may not want to pay for total insurance on your move, but you should understand your insurance coverage up front. Ask the moving company what kind of insurance coverage they offer, and consider adding extra coverage for your most valuable items. It’s an up-front cost, sure, but it could save you loads in the long run.
These are just a few of the ways you can save on your move. If you’re on a tight budget but need to hire a moving company, talk to your moving representative. They can help you come up with a moving package that suits both your needs and your budget.