5 Reasons You’ll Love Portable Self Storage
When you’re planning your move, don’t forget to think about whether or not you could use storage during the moving process. For many people, storage isn’t necessary. You just pack up all the boxes from one place, take them to the next, and then unpack them. It’s pretty simple and straightforward.
But sometimes, you may need to store some or even most of your household goods while you’re in between homes. For one thing, what happens if you have to move out of your apartment or close on your home before your new home or apartment is ready? In this case, storage can be helpful. You can use it for most of your household goods while you stay in a short-term apartment or long-term motel until your new home is ready.
Another situation where storage comes in handy is if you’re downsizing. When you move into a smaller home, it can be hard to tell before you’ve settled in what, exactly, you want to keep and what you need to get rid of. A storage unit can give you some time to settle in and sort through your belongings as you go through the downsizing process.
Even if you’re not in-between homes or downsizing, storage can help make the moving process a bit smoother. You may want just a small unit for some of your less-essential items while you get unpacked. That way, you’ll have fewer boxes and odds and ends in the way while you’re unpacking and getting settled in your new home.
Any time you need storage during the moving process, it’s a good idea to ask your Laguna Hills movers if they have any ideas. You may think that you automatically need to go with a traditional storage unit from a company that specializes in this type of storage. But you actually have another option: portable self storage.
What is it?
Portable self storage is basically storage that comes to you. The storage units look a lot like large shipping crates. They come in a variety of different sizes. And the movers bring the storage crates to you!
When you’re packing up the storage unit, it can sit in your yard or driveway for a few days or a few weeks. Once the unit is packed, the movers will take it to a secure warehouse location, where it can be stored indefinitely. Then, when you’re ready to get your things back out of the storage unit, the movers will bring it to your new home.
Why they rock
Portable self storage units are great because they’re more convenient than traditional indoor or outdoor storage units. But they do have a few advantages, such as:
- 1.They’re more convenient. Hands-down the number one reason many people choose a portable unit over a more traditional option is that they’re more convenient. You don’t have to load up a moving truck, drive your stuff to the storage unit, and unpack it. You can just put it in the storage unit, and it’ll come back to your new home whenever you’re ready to unpack it.
- 2.They can come with extra services. If you rent a portable storage unit from Laguna Hills movers, you may find that you can make them part of your overall moving package. So you can still pay the movers to do the heavy lifting. They’ll just pack up the storage unit, rather than a moving truck. This is why it’s a great idea to ask your movers if they offer portable storage units, rather than a company that only works with storage units.
- 3.They’re affordable. You may assume that portable storage units, since they’re so convenient, are pricier than traditional units. But this isn’t actually the case. In fact, they can be quite an affordable option. This is especially true if you don’t have to pay for a moving truck twice to move your stuff into and then back out of the storage unit.
- 4.They’re fire protected. Some indoor and outdoor storage units will have a few fire protections in place. But they’re not usually state-of-the-art. Warehouses where portable storage units are kept, on the other hand, can be quite protected from fire with the latest systems.
- 5.They’re extra secure. Similarly, storage units put into a warehouse are often protected with the best security systems available. In fact, some Laguna Hills movers offer storage warehouses that meet government and military standards for security! Now that’s definitely quite a bit more secure than your typical traditional storage unit.
Portable storage units aren’t necessary for every type of move. But sometimes you may need some storage for a period of time while you’re in between homes or just settling in. And in these cases, using portable storage over traditional options can save you lots of time and hassle.