5 Reasons Portable Storage Rocks when moving to LaPalma
During the moving process, many people eventually need self storage. Sometimes, you can just move all of your household goods from one home straight to the next. It’s simple and straightforward. But other times, you can’t do that. Things just aren’t quite that simple.
For instance, what do you do if your buyers are ready to close on your home, but you’re still searching for your next home? You may need to move into a short-term apartment or long-term hotel, and you definitely don’t want to take all of your household goods with you. So you rent a storage unit to hold most of your things while you’re in between homes.
Another case where storage makes sense is when you’re downsizing. Often times when you’re moving into a smaller home, you’re not sure exactly what you should keep and what you should get rid of. You don’t want to flood your new, smaller home with boxes. So you rent a storage unit to keep your stuff in until you decide what you need to keep and what you need to get rid of.
In either of these situations, a traditional self storage unit might work for your needs. But you may also want to check out a portable self storage unit.
What are portable self storage units?
Many La Palma movers offer portable self storage units for their customers. They look a lot like metal shipping containers, though they come in a variety of sizes. You put your things into these containers, and the movers then take the container to a secure warehouse location. When you’re ready, the moving company brings the unit back to you at your new home, and you (or the movers) can unpack it.
Why are they wonderful?
Portable self storage units are a lot like traditional units. They come in a variety of sizes, and you usually rent them on a monthly basis. But portable unit are more wonderful than traditional units for a variety of reasons:
- 1.Convenience. The main reason that people decide to use portable storage units rather than the more traditional option is convenience. How much more convenient does it get when they bring the storage unit to you? With a portable unit, the La Palma movers can even take care of packing and unpacking the unit, if you choose. And you don’t have to worry about renting a moving truck or mess with finding a storage facility that’s close to your home.
- 2.Affordability. You may think that a portable storage unit would be a lot more expensive than a traditional unit. After all, it’s quite a bit more convenient. But this is not actually the case. In fact, with a traditional storage unit, you’ll probably have to rent a moving truck twice, adding to your costs. A portable storage unit doesn’t have this added cost, and can be quite affordable.
- 3.Extra services. When you rent a portable storage unit from La Palma movers, you may get some added conveniences, as well. For instance, you might let the movers do all the heavy lifting. You could rent your storage unit as part of a larger moving package, and the movers could even do the packing and unpacking of all your household goods!
- 4.Security. Today’s storage units do tend to be pretty secure, including things like door alarms and camera monitoring systems. But most of them are not nearly as secure as a warehouse that’s manned with security cameras and officers 24/7. With portable storage, your household goods will wind up in a facility like this, so you don’t have to worry about security at all.
- 5.Fire protection. For the most part, outdoor traditional storage units don’t include fire protection. But portable storage warehouses typically do. So not only is your stuff protected from potential theft, but it’s also protected from other damage.
- 6.Flexibility. Some portable storage unit companies only offer a couple of (very large) portable unit sizes. But the best La Palma movers offer a variety of sizes of storage units, so you can choose the exact size you need and not pay for extra space that you don’t need.
Portable storage units aren’t the best option for all moves. In some cases, you may not need storage at all. Other times, a traditional storage unit really may be the best option for your needs. For instance, if you’ll need to have frequent access to the household goods you have in the storage unit, traditional storage is typically more accessible than portable storage.
But if you do need storage while you’re downsizing or in between homes, renting a portable storage unit is affordable and convenient. And the best La Palma movers offer this service along with their other services.