31 Mar Cost for Best Dove Canyon Movers
Moving Costs – 4 Frequently Asked Questions
As you’re preparing for your move, you’re probably looking for the best Dove Canyon moving company. And as you look, you may be asking yourself some basic questions about the cost of your move. What is this whole shebang going to cost you, anyway? Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we get about the cost of moving:
1.What will it cost?
Up front, people like to know what a service is going to cost. Unfortunately when it comes to moving, it’s not quite that easy. You can’t just say, “Well, you have a three-bedroom home, so your move will cost this much.”
That’s because the bulk of the cost of moving is actually not about the size of your home or even how far you’re moving. The main cost of moving is actually how much stuff you have, and how much that stuff weighs. Movers charge by weight, which means they need to have a pretty good idea of how much stuff you’ve got in your home before they give you a quote.
This is why you need an in-home estimate as part of the process of hiring a moving company. You’ll need the movers to send you a representative in person to go through your home, figure out how much stuff you have to move, and talk about the move details. Then, and only then, can you get an accurate quote for the cost of your move.
2. Will the estimate tell me exactly what I’ll pay?
Sometimes, there are additional costs that may crop up, though these should be detailed in the contract. But the best way to ensure you’re not going to be surprised by the final bill is to ask for a binding estimate. As you can guess, this is an estimate where the moving company agrees to stick to the quoted price for the final bill.
Often times, these estimates come with a contingency fee built in. You may not have to pay this additional amount, but it’s there just in case it’s needed. Still, even with a contingency fee, you’ll know the most you’ll pay for your move.\
3. How much is packing?
Packing services are a great way to save time and sanity during the moving process. But many people just want to know how much they cost. Again, the cost of the service will depend on the amount of stuff you’ve got to pack. So if you’re at all interested in packing services, talk to your in-home estimate representative about this.
4. How can I save money?
If you’re on a tight moving budget, you may need to look at ways to save some cash, while still hiring professionals. This is possible, with some work on your part. Here are a few ways to save on the moving process:
- Be choosy. The best Dove Canyon movers will allow you to pick and choose what the movers pack, and what you pack. It doesn’t have to be an all-or-nothing deal. So you can choose to pack the easier items, while leaving the more difficult, fragile, or expensive items to the movers.
- Get rid of what you don’t need. Since moving costs are based largely on the amount of stuff to be moved, save money by downsizing before your move. This is usually part of the moving process, anyway, so why not start offloading unnecessary stuff early, and save yourself money in moving costs?
- Be more flexible. If you don’t have a hard moving date in mind, talk to the movers. They may offer you a better deal on a less busy day or week. This isn’t always the case, but it never hurts to ask.
- Get insurance. Before moving day, check with your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance to see if damaged property would be covered under your policy. If not, talk to your movers about insurance options they may offer. It’s an added cost up front, but the cost of insurance is nothing compared with the cost of replacing fragile, expensive items that break during the move.
These are just a few of the most frequently asked questions our Dove Canyon movers get about the moving process. The easiest way to find out the answers to all your moving-related questions is to schedule an in-home estimate, where you can get an idea of exactly what the move and any additional services will cost your family.