22 Apr Have a Good Moving Day: 10 Tips
Laguna Beach Moving Comany Tips
When you get ready for your move, the best place to start is by hiring the best Laguna Beach moving company. But even after that, you’ll have a few things to do on your own. Wondering what you need to do to get ready for moving day? Check out these 10 tips for a smoother, easier moving day process.
- Look over the contract again. Just before moving day, be sure to take the time to look over the moving contract one last time. You’ve probably already seen this document. But you’ll need to double check that all the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed. Also, be sure you know exactly how much the move will cost, as you’ll likely need to pay this before they’ll get started on the move.
- Alert the neighbors. It’s just a matter of courtesy to alert your neighbors that they can expect a lot more activity around your home on moving day. But you should definitely talk with your neighbors if you’ll need extra parking on moving day.
- Get some food ready. You’ll need to plan for eating on moving day, of course. It’s a good idea to make a few sandwiches or grab a pizza to be ready during the move. And you’ll definitely want to be sure you grab some bottled water to have available for your family, volunteers, and movers.
- Give directions to your movers. Chances are that the best Laguna Beach movers will have GPS. So they may not need actual directions, but they might need some landmarks to find your home by. At the very least, be sure you give them information about where to park when they get to your new home.
- Make an inventory sheet. The movers will likely take their own inventory during the move. But you may want to have one, as well. Just write down a list of everything going onto the moving van. As items come off the van, check them for any damage or other issues. Take notes to turn in to the moving company, if something happens to be damaged during the move.
- Label it all. As you’re packing, or as the best Laguna Beach movers are packing, label every box with the room it will go into. You’ll also want to label furniture with the room it will go into. Then, the movers can get everything into the room it will go into, saving you time and effort.
- Figure out what to do for your pets and your children. Pets and kids can be confused on moving day. And, what’s worse, they can get underfoot and get hurt during the move. It’s best to get pets and children out of the house altogether for your move, but you can also choose to have a sitter watch them in your home, just keeping them busy and out of the way for the day.
- Be ready to clean. Chances are that you need to do at least some basic level of cleaning on your moving day, depending on your arrangements with your landlord or home buyer. At the very least, you’ll probably want to set aside your vacuum cleaner and a few basic cleaning supplies, so that you can clean your home as the movers finish up.
- Pack some suitcases. As the best Laguna Beach movers pack up your home, take some time to pack a bag for each family member. Include pajamas and personal care items for your family members. This makes settling into your new home much easier. Also, you may need to pack important paperwork, expensive jewelry, and other irreplaceable items in your own car.
Leave behind keys and other essentials. Just before you leave your home and lock up for the last time, be sure you set aside keys, garage door openers, and other essential items. If you’re afraid you’ll forget, you may want to make a list of the items that you need to leave behind. Put these items in an obvious place, like on the kitchen counter.