17 Apr Have a Fantastic Moving Day: 10 Tips
Laguna Hills Moving Comany Tips
When preparing for your move, the most important step you can take is hiring the best Laguna Hills moving company. But even after you’ve signed a contract, you’ll have some stuff to do on – or just before – moving day. By following these ten tips, you’ll have a much easier moving day.
- 1.Know the contract. Start by looking at the Bill of Lading. You’ve probably already seen this contract before, but you’ll want to be sure that all the details are correct, too. Plus, be sure you know who to pay, and how much you’re supposed to pay, as this will likely happen on moving day.
- 2.Talk with your neighbors. Even if you only know your neighbors in passing, it’s a good idea to let them know to expect extra commotion at your house on moving day. It’s especially important to alert your neighbors if you share parking spaces. Then, they may be courteous enough to let you have extra parking spaces near your home, just for moving day.
- 3.Think about food. On moving day, it’s a good idea to have some food planned ahead of time, so it’s ready when you get hungry. Sandwiches are an easy option, as is pizza. At minimum, you’ll want to keep a cooler or otherwise-empty fridge stocked with bottled water.
- 4.Direct the movers. Chances are that the best Laguna Hills movers will be equipped with GPS. So they may not need driving directions to your new home. But they might ask for identifiers of your house – like color or unique features – to make it easier to find. And unless it’s obvious, you may need to tell them where to park once they get to your new home.
- 5.Label everything. Most people know to label boxes with what’s contained in them as you pack. But you should also label at least most of the boxes with the rooms into which they’ll go in your new home. It’s also a good idea to label furniture with where it will go. That way, everything can go to its new room on moving day, saving you time and effort with unpacking.
- 6.Take an inventory. Most moving companies have a procedure in place for taking care of inventory sheets. But you may want to do this on your own, too. It just helps to double-check that everything has gotten into your new home, and you can use the inventory sheet as a checklist to make sure everything is in good condition as it comes off the moving truck.
- 7.Arrange for sitters for pets and kids. Having kids and pets around on moving day just makes things more difficult. And it can be dangerous for them, since they can easily get underfoot or even get out of the house when everyone’s backs are turned. It’s best to get them out of the house altogether, if possible. If not, arrange for a sitter to hang out with them in an empty room of the house while the moving is going on.
- 8.Pack some personal items. Before the move, you’ll want to think about clothing and personal items your family members will want to access right away in your new home. Pack these items in separate suitcases to go in your own vehicle. That way, you’ll be able to get comfortable in your new home without having to sort through tons of boxes.
- 9.Make a list of items to leave behind. Before moving day, take time to make a list of any items you’ll need to leave behind – garage door openers, keys, etc. Then, check on moving day to ensure that all these items are in an obvious location before you lock up.
Double check everywhere one last time. It’s easy for even the best Laguna Hills movers to miss an item here or there. Before the moving truck pulls out, check the attic, the garage, and all the closets and cabinets to ensure that you’re not leaving anything important behind.